Friday, February 3, 2012

My First Blog Posting!

This is my first blog posting! I have never done a blog before. In fact, I am actually a very private person who does not like to put real information online. Alyssa Maria is not even my real name. So, why do a blog? To be honest, I have no idea, but I thought I would try it out.

I have considered different options on what my blog would be about. More than likely it will not follow a specific theme in the end, but I'll see what I can do. As of right now, I have decided to write about reading. I love to read. There is nothing better than to snuggle up on the couch with a good book and get lost in a whole different world. This past Christmas break I read 17 books. Yep, 17 books! I told my best friend this, and she said, "Wow! You must have been really bored!" Bored??? No, this was exactly what I wanted to do! I guess not everyone finds the same enjoyment out of reading all day like I do.

I tend to go through spurts with books. I'll read a certain genre for a while until I move on to another, eventually circling back again. My most popular reads consists of historical fictions (usually written in the eras between 1100 A.D. and 1900 A.D.), romance, thrillers, adventure, paranormal, and young adults. If I really love a book, I eventually go back and reread it when I can't decide on the next book to read. (The most popular choice in this case is the Harry Potter series—nice easy read and stories I love.)

For my birthday, I received a Kindle, which surprised me because I never gave any inclination that I wanted one. I love holding a book, feeling the pages run against my fingers, and smelling the brand new printed paper.  As time wore on, I found that I really do love my Kindle, even though I still prefer physical books. The Kindle is great for taking to work, traveling, and finding some great free books through Amazon. I have about 70 new free books waiting to be read in my list right now. 



No matter what the form, the fact remains: I love reading! Hence, I figure I would start a blog and go through some of the books that I have read, give my take on it, etc. I have a list compiled (with the help of http://www.goodreads.com/) of books I have read over the course of my life. I'm sure it's not a complete list, but there is enough to keep me blogging for a while.

Wish me luck!
Alyssa Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment